Poster for advertising
Formal resources / data for the contest
Many formal resources are provided for the contest:
- a cooking ontology is available on http://wikitaaable.loria.fr. This ontology contains several hierarchies, about food, dish type, dish origin, dish role, etc.
- a cocktail recipe book, containing 109 cocktail recipes is also available on wikitaaable. These recipes are in the Ccc cocktail dish category: http://wikitaaable.loria.fr/index.php/Category:Ccc_cocktail_dish. An rdf dump and a simplified xml version are available as well (the schema of the XML file is given in CccRecipes.xsd). These recipes are semantically annotated with ontology concepts. This case base is the case base that will be used for the evaluation of the cocktail challenge.
- a sandwich recipe book, containing a set of sandwich recipes will be soon available on wikitaaable. These recipes are in the Ccc sandwich dish category: http://wikitaaable.loria.fr/index.php/Category:Ccc_sandwich_dish. An rdf dump and a simplified xml version are available as well (the schema of the XML file is given in CccRecipes.xsd). These recipes are semantically annotated with ontology concepts. This case base will be extended to constitute the final case base that will be used for the evaluation of the sandwich challenge. Please, feel free to send the organizers additional sandwich recipes but keep in mind that the recipes will be cooked in real! This implies for example that the ingredients must be easily found in a German supermarket and that no electric utensil (oven, grill, etc.) can be used. The organizers will try to provide some tools (toasters, for example). More news soon!
- the restrictive set of ingredients for the cocktail challenge. Cocktails returned by the systems must only contain ingredients of the following list:
Data links are provided on wikitaaable main page. Data may be downloadable in RDF and simple XML format. A sparql endpoint is also available for a direct interaction with the RDF store used by wikitaaable semantic wiki.
Feel free to extend the list and to share your resources with the community! For that, send a mail to the technical chair.
- A zip file to build an SQL database containing 9507 sandwich recipes crawled from the web WebCrawledSandwichRecipes.zip (thanks Derek)
- Google search on cocktail recipes
- Google search on sandwich recipes
Exercises for students on the pseudo code
- Read the pseudo code pseudocode.pdf carefully and try to understand each line of code.
- Main: Underline all variables and parameters of main. Briefly describe each of them.
- Function compare:
- Explain which kinds of similarity functions are used in function compare for computing titleSim, ingSim, and the overall similarity between a query and a case.
- Identify at least three weak points of the used similarity functions. (Hint: Think about the range of results/normalization, semantical/syntactic similarity, or how to derive a similarity function from an ontology.)
- Function adapt:
- Describe how query attributes that are missing in a case are inserted by substitutional adaptation.
- Provide some own pseudo code for an extended function adapt which gets rid of ingredients from the case that are undesired within the query (assume that the query specifies in addition to title and (desired) ingredients a set of undesired ingredients).